Petition: Ban animal abuser who kept 665 animals locked up from having animals again
Nebraska authorities found 665 animals in a man’s home, and sadly dozens of animals had already died inside. Animals included chinchillas, rabbits, guinea pigs, lizards, turtles, snakes, finches, and even exotic birds. Most of them were incredibly malnourished, injured and sick. Authorities had to euthanize two of the surviving animals because they were seriously injured.
Source: KETV NewsWatch 7/YouTube
70 of the animals had already died when authorities arrived, and their corpses were scattered among the hundreds of other animals. Officials found urine and feces throughout the house and very little food and water.
The rescued animals have been sent to the Nebraska Humane Society to receive much-needed veterinary care, but some animals will have health issues for the rest of their lives due to the conditions they were forced to live in.
Authorities arrested the man and charged him with multiple counts of animal cruelty, but due to Nebraska law, even if he’s convicted, that doesn’t mean he won’t be around anymore. allowed to own pets.
Sign this petition to demand that the authorities ban this animal abuser from adopting, owning or living with any other animal in the future!
While you’re at it, you can also raise awareness through activism clothing by wearing sustainable brands like small rescue. Check Climate Change Collection!
To keep talking, also sign these other petitions:
Simple ways to help the planet:
- Eat less meat: To download food monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help you reduce your environmental footprint, save animals, and get healthy. You can also purchase a paper or electronic copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce your fast mode footprint: Take the initiative by mobilizing against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like small rescue that raise awareness of important issues through zero-waste recycled clothing designed to be returned and remade again and again.
- Support independent media: Public funding gives us a greater chance of continuing to provide you with high quality content. Please consider support us by making a donation!
- Sign a petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals and the planet.
- Stay informed: Keep up to date with the latest news and essential stories about animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do what you can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse things, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote wisely, wash cold, get rid of fossil fuels, save water, buy wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, save energy, compost, and don’t forget the microplastics and microbeads lurking in household products and routine personal care!