10 quotes to share about these creatures
National Reptile Awareness Day is celebrated annually on October 21 to promote the education, conservation and appreciation of these animals.
It is not known when the day was first celebrated. However, according to Days of the year, it was created by a group of reptile enthusiasts who aimed to change the public image of these scaly creatures.
Here are some quotes, courtesy Quotes from A to Z, to share on this day:
1. “Reptiles and amphibians are sometimes seen as primitive, drab, and stupid. In fact, of course, they can be deadly fast, spectacularly beautiful, surprisingly affectionate, and very sophisticated.” – David Attenborough
2. “Love is like a reptile, you cut off its tail and it pushes another.” – Will Christopher Baer
3. “Notable places are like the tops of rocks; only eagles and reptiles can access them.” – Suzanne Curchod
4. “The kiss was born when the first male reptile licked the first female reptile, subtly implying that she was as succulent as the little reptile he ate the day before.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. “Lizards can’t go through walls, but if we replace the L with a W, the goal might be achieved.” »Michael Bassey Johnson
6. “I’ve always had an affinity for lizards. I’ve always felt a little bit close to them. They are reptiles. I sometimes feel a little reptilian.” – Johnny Depp
7. “I love all animals. I have a fascination with fish, birds, whales – sensitive life – insects, reptiles.” – Nicolas Cage
8. “The lower animals are our brothers. I include among them the lion and the tiger. We do not know how to live with these carnivorous beasts and these poisonous reptiles because of our ignorance.” -Mahatma Gandhi
9. “I climb the door instead of a tree … Just to crawl with myself walking freely … What if I were a lizard under my skin … Change my human colors that I have been. ” Munia khan
10. “When the reptile is attacked at one mouth in its burrow, it shows itself to another.” – Henry David Thoreau